MDix
02-11 12:09 PM
Looks like Ron is correct. This year DOS is estimating 9K FB visa but the number could go high. Last year they didn't estimate anything but by end of Year we got 13k( Per Ron). I read some where these numbers are not clear uptill end of year.
Bottom line is we may get more and we need to ask them about those lost 13k of last year. Looks like need of FOIA from DOS/CIS.
Bottom line is we may get more and we need to ask them about those lost 13k of last year. Looks like need of FOIA from DOS/CIS.
wallpaper Flower Art Cherry Blossom Mist
logiclife
01-31 02:07 PM
What if the employer is an NGO or NPO? I believe, it is not counted against the H-1 quota but in that case, can he start working right away?
That depends. I dont know how the H1s that are issued outside of quota for educational and non-profit organizations work. If they have the validity date sooner than 1st Oct 2007, then yes, you can start working based on that date.
Whatever the case, the H1 Approval letter (I - 797 ) will have start-date and end-date on it and that when you can work legally.
That depends. I dont know how the H1s that are issued outside of quota for educational and non-profit organizations work. If they have the validity date sooner than 1st Oct 2007, then yes, you can start working based on that date.
Whatever the case, the H1 Approval letter (I - 797 ) will have start-date and end-date on it and that when you can work legally.
champu
02-18 07:14 PM
Hello,
Is it true if you are in US for more than 5 years you get GC? It is too good to be true.
Any way which part of this bill says so? I am sorry for my ignorance.
Is it valid even if you came on F1 and started working ....
thanks in advance for answers.
How to convert from Legal to Illegal?;)
How about if I tell USCIS I am born here and never applied for Birth Certificate?
Is it true if you are in US for more than 5 years you get GC? It is too good to be true.
Any way which part of this bill says so? I am sorry for my ignorance.
Is it valid even if you came on F1 and started working ....
thanks in advance for answers.
How to convert from Legal to Illegal?;)
How about if I tell USCIS I am born here and never applied for Birth Certificate?
2011 Fragrance of cherry blossom
new2gc
06-10 04:23 PM
done.. and fwd to other friends as well.
more...
gcbeku
08-10 03:35 PM
I think this is a brilliant idea and might even fly esp because it still preserves USCIS/DOS EB caste system while providin some relief to the EB3s.
While porting is still an option, it is in EB3 filers' interest to push forward on this idea.
I feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that EB3 needs IV's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for EB3, as INS merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation
But, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.
Let me put forward my idea.
The INA language says that until EB2 is not current, there will be no spillover to EB3. Agreed. But I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. That is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all EB2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 EB3.
Is this something IV can point out and fight for? Can EB3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile
While porting is still an option, it is in EB3 filers' interest to push forward on this idea.
I feel frustrated at some peoples' unwillingness to admit that EB3 needs IV's help now more than ever. They are saying that nothing much can be done for EB3, as INS merely corrected its wrong interpretation in visa allocation
But, if we are all willing to put our hearts and minds to it we can surely come up with new ideas that will help our cause. Surely, laws are written so that justice can happen. So if justice is not happening, the law would have some answer, somewhere.
Let me put forward my idea.
The INA language says that until EB2 is not current, there will be no spillover to EB3. Agreed. But I would contend that this statement is on a year to year basis. That is, if in the year 2002 (for example) all EB2 has been satisfied, then the spillovers should go to year 2002 EB3.
Is this something IV can point out and fight for? Can EB3 members put their money and efforts in this direction? Let me know if this sounds worthwhile
kriskris
09-23 02:15 PM
I e-filed my EAD and AP;but when I sent the supporting documentation to the PO Box in Mesquite,Texas;it was not delivered on Friday,a notice was left.I am very anxious if it comes back.Is there a Phone Number I can call to ask them Reason for Non-delivery;what should I do???Is there an address different from the PO Box where I can FEDEX
sands_14,
This is quite common. I had the same thing happened. Even I have E-filed my EAD/AP last week. The way how it works is, since it is a post box USPS leaves the notice in there for all the deliveries. Once in a day, someone from USCIS picks those notices from the post box, goes to USPS and collects all the packages. Check your status back on Monday evening, it will say delivered.
sands_14,
This is quite common. I had the same thing happened. Even I have E-filed my EAD/AP last week. The way how it works is, since it is a post box USPS leaves the notice in there for all the deliveries. Once in a day, someone from USCIS picks those notices from the post box, goes to USPS and collects all the packages. Check your status back on Monday evening, it will say delivered.
more...
kondur_007
04-10 10:28 AM
Does anyone have numbers for spillover last year category wise? I mean, last year how many EB4, EB5 and EB1 left out visas got spilled over to EB2? Thanks...
Here are the details for last year and years before:
(Thanks to user "sangiano" on : link: FY2009 Visa Data, Spillover to EB2 - Will it be Similar FY2010 (http://www..com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/498198953/fy2009-visa-data-spillover-to-eb2-will-it-be-similar-fy2010))
Employment Visas 2009
Total Employment Visas for FY2009 = 141,020
Theoretical values without spillover
EB1 28.6% = 40,332
EB2 28.6% = 40,332
EB3 28.6% = 40,332
EB4 7.1% = 10,012
EB5 7.1% = 10,012
Actual values with spillover
EB1 40,978 = 29.1% received c.650 spillup visa used
EB2 46,034 = 32.6% received c.5,700 spillover visas used
EB3 39,791 = 28.2% received c.550 less visas than quota
EB4 9,999 = 7.1% Zero spillup visas to give
EB5 4,218 = 3.0% c. 5,800 spillup visas to give
What is noteworthy is the fact that spillup/spillover visas were only available from EB5.
In addition, EB1 actually consumed spillup visas and did not contribute any spillover visas as a result.
This implies that the total spillover visas available to the 7% limited countries was only c.7,500. Since 5,800 came from EB5, less 650 used by EB1, this gives a subtotal of 5,150. In turn, this implies that there were only 7,500 - 5,150 = 2,350 as spillover from EB2-ROW. In the worst case the difference is entirely from EB5.
I think it gives food for thought and shows the difficulty of trying to second guess visa consumption in Categories that are always current. I accept it might be easier to get a handle on non-NIW EB2 because of the PERM data available for ROW.
I'm not sure why FY2010 would be much different, at least for EB1 spillover.
Additional notes from subsequent posts:
There was significant spillover in FY2007 because (based on 154,497 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 26,806 out of a possible 44,186 available visas.
EB4 only used 4,794 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
EB5 only used 793 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 33,731 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2007 that mostly went vertically to EB3.
There was significant spillover in FY2008 because (based on 162,949 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 36,590 out of a possible 46,603 available visas.
EB4 only used 7,648 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
EB5 only used 1,443 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 24,060 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2008 that all went to EB2.
The amount *was* smaller in FY2009 because (based on 141,020 total EB visas)
EB1 used 40,978 which was more than the available visas of 40,332 (i.e. it used some of the spillup from EB4/EB5).
EB4 used 9,999 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e it pretty much maxed out)
EB5 only used 4,218 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e. much higher than previous years)
That gives a potential spillover to EB2 of 5,161 visas, which is substantially lower than previous years.
This is all his analysis based entirely on historic data (no predictions here; just what has already happened). All credit of analysis goes to him. I never crunched a single number; I am just an "integrater" of the info. Please also note that now we have found out that the word "spillover" should actually be "fall across and down"
Hope this was the info you were asking for.
Here are the details for last year and years before:
(Thanks to user "sangiano" on : link: FY2009 Visa Data, Spillover to EB2 - Will it be Similar FY2010 (http://www..com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/498198953/fy2009-visa-data-spillover-to-eb2-will-it-be-similar-fy2010))
Employment Visas 2009
Total Employment Visas for FY2009 = 141,020
Theoretical values without spillover
EB1 28.6% = 40,332
EB2 28.6% = 40,332
EB3 28.6% = 40,332
EB4 7.1% = 10,012
EB5 7.1% = 10,012
Actual values with spillover
EB1 40,978 = 29.1% received c.650 spillup visa used
EB2 46,034 = 32.6% received c.5,700 spillover visas used
EB3 39,791 = 28.2% received c.550 less visas than quota
EB4 9,999 = 7.1% Zero spillup visas to give
EB5 4,218 = 3.0% c. 5,800 spillup visas to give
What is noteworthy is the fact that spillup/spillover visas were only available from EB5.
In addition, EB1 actually consumed spillup visas and did not contribute any spillover visas as a result.
This implies that the total spillover visas available to the 7% limited countries was only c.7,500. Since 5,800 came from EB5, less 650 used by EB1, this gives a subtotal of 5,150. In turn, this implies that there were only 7,500 - 5,150 = 2,350 as spillover from EB2-ROW. In the worst case the difference is entirely from EB5.
I think it gives food for thought and shows the difficulty of trying to second guess visa consumption in Categories that are always current. I accept it might be easier to get a handle on non-NIW EB2 because of the PERM data available for ROW.
I'm not sure why FY2010 would be much different, at least for EB1 spillover.
Additional notes from subsequent posts:
There was significant spillover in FY2007 because (based on 154,497 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 26,806 out of a possible 44,186 available visas.
EB4 only used 4,794 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
EB5 only used 793 out of a possible 10,969 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 33,731 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2007 that mostly went vertically to EB3.
There was significant spillover in FY2008 because (based on 162,949 total EB visas) :
EB1 only used 36,590 out of a possible 46,603 available visas.
EB4 only used 7,648 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
EB5 only used 1,443 out of a possible 11,569 available visas.
That gives a potential spillover of 24,060 visas to categories below EB1. In FY2008 that all went to EB2.
The amount *was* smaller in FY2009 because (based on 141,020 total EB visas)
EB1 used 40,978 which was more than the available visas of 40,332 (i.e. it used some of the spillup from EB4/EB5).
EB4 used 9,999 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e it pretty much maxed out)
EB5 only used 4,218 out of a possible 10,012 available visas. (i.e. much higher than previous years)
That gives a potential spillover to EB2 of 5,161 visas, which is substantially lower than previous years.
This is all his analysis based entirely on historic data (no predictions here; just what has already happened). All credit of analysis goes to him. I never crunched a single number; I am just an "integrater" of the info. Please also note that now we have found out that the word "spillover" should actually be "fall across and down"
Hope this was the info you were asking for.
2010 Cherry blossom paradise
greyhair
02-12 01:56 PM
This whole thread is about what Ron Gotcher published. I didn't start this thread. I am only contributing my view that based on available information some things make sense and some dont. The things that do make some sense is wastage of visa numbers in 2010. We have some facts to support the "theory" but not enough.
What doesn't make sense is Ron's assertion that USCIS wasted 13K EB visas in 2009. Facts simply don't support that.
Does this help? (Again this is my view... don't want to push it onto others)
I disagree. This thread is not about some immigration lawyer. This thread is about visa numbers wasted due to USCIS inefficiency. That's what the title of the thread says. Why do I or anybody else care about some immigration lawyer? Why is he/she relevant if its specifically proven with facts that there is no wastage of visa number. You continue to advertise the name of the immigration lawyer. The reason I say this is because in my experience immigration lawyers comment on these issues as if they have direct access to USCIS Director or god. Even after disproving the visa wastage theory with facts you still continue to over analyze immigration body shop instead of discussing the issue. I am just wondering, why would you that? Are you that immigration lawyer or employee of his law firm? Just curious.
What doesn't make sense is Ron's assertion that USCIS wasted 13K EB visas in 2009. Facts simply don't support that.
Does this help? (Again this is my view... don't want to push it onto others)
I disagree. This thread is not about some immigration lawyer. This thread is about visa numbers wasted due to USCIS inefficiency. That's what the title of the thread says. Why do I or anybody else care about some immigration lawyer? Why is he/she relevant if its specifically proven with facts that there is no wastage of visa number. You continue to advertise the name of the immigration lawyer. The reason I say this is because in my experience immigration lawyers comment on these issues as if they have direct access to USCIS Director or god. Even after disproving the visa wastage theory with facts you still continue to over analyze immigration body shop instead of discussing the issue. I am just wondering, why would you that? Are you that immigration lawyer or employee of his law firm? Just curious.
more...
Slave_2k
10-12 02:55 PM
The information that we are trying to capture is already with IV. It will be nice if they can actually come up with a neat report on that. What say guys?
hair cherry blossom wallpaper
BlueSunD
03-11 05:03 PM
OK, sorry for the delay. First make sure you�re in "Rendering" mode, select the light you want to unlink (at least at firs, since by default when a light is created it lights every object). Now, shift select the object(s) you may want to unlink, now go to Lighting/Shading in the menu bar, and select the option "Break Light Links" and that�s it! Now do a tst render and see the result.To do linking, it the same way but obviously using the "Make light link" option. Hope it helps! And I like your image very much!
more...
ski_dude12
03-09 02:23 PM
No change for EB2-I.
hot cherry blossom wallpaper

rajuseattle
07-15 11:10 AM
Ajthakur,
Please be truthful to the IV members.
You should have stayed back with this blood sucker or whatever name you want to say at least until 6 months after filing I-485. Whole IT world knows that AC-21 is safe after 180 days, even if the greedy employer revoke I-140, you were eligible for AC-21 portability.
Anyways now that you know the I-140 was revoked, find out when did he do that and if he has done that 180 days after your filing your I-485, you can still win your case by hiring a good attorney who can demonstarte to USCIS that your employment circumstances forced you to resign from the blood sucker and your adjustment application should be looked at as AC-21 portability.
You still consider you r the smart guy and can handle this RFE very well, then I can only wish you a good luck.
If I were you, I would have suffer for 6 months and then carry over the EB-2 PD with a good employer using either EAD or H1B, their is something fishy i can smell here...and folks here are not getting the true information.
Please be truthful to the IV members.
You should have stayed back with this blood sucker or whatever name you want to say at least until 6 months after filing I-485. Whole IT world knows that AC-21 is safe after 180 days, even if the greedy employer revoke I-140, you were eligible for AC-21 portability.
Anyways now that you know the I-140 was revoked, find out when did he do that and if he has done that 180 days after your filing your I-485, you can still win your case by hiring a good attorney who can demonstarte to USCIS that your employment circumstances forced you to resign from the blood sucker and your adjustment application should be looked at as AC-21 portability.
You still consider you r the smart guy and can handle this RFE very well, then I can only wish you a good luck.
If I were you, I would have suffer for 6 months and then carry over the EB-2 PD with a good employer using either EAD or H1B, their is something fishy i can smell here...and folks here are not getting the true information.
more...
house Cherry Blossom Wallpaper

willIWill
11-11 06:01 PM
Questions about Quarterly Spill Over with respect to Yearly Country Limit.
Since we are on this Topic, Do any IV Users know or can point links to articles/statute for the following questions to gain a better understanding ?
- Is the ‘Yearly per Country Quota’ broken down and established for every Quarter? I.e. 1/4th of the 7% yearly limit
- So if assuming the quarterly Country quota holds and the USCIS does the spillover to the over subscribed countries in one quarter.
Then for the next quarter what numbers will they assess for the quota count? Is it just the standard quarterly limit or the ‘quarterly limit + the spill over that they did the previous quarter’? And what if that exceeds the 7% yearly limit and how will they proceed forward from there.
Thanks.
Since we are on this Topic, Do any IV Users know or can point links to articles/statute for the following questions to gain a better understanding ?
- Is the ‘Yearly per Country Quota’ broken down and established for every Quarter? I.e. 1/4th of the 7% yearly limit
- So if assuming the quarterly Country quota holds and the USCIS does the spillover to the over subscribed countries in one quarter.
Then for the next quarter what numbers will they assess for the quota count? Is it just the standard quarterly limit or the ‘quarterly limit + the spill over that they did the previous quarter’? And what if that exceeds the 7% yearly limit and how will they proceed forward from there.
Thanks.
tattoo cherry blossom wallpaper
f1vlad
01-19 11:23 PM
Same happened to me in some small town in NH, about quarter mile from Canada, I was just driving on a local road and I pulled over to check my map. So I sit reading map and I hear knock on my window. All of a sudden see couple of Border Petrol agents.
I only had drivers license. They didn't believe anything I said and they told me that. At which point I told him "Sir, do what you have to do," because conversation sounded more like interrogation.
Anyway bottom line they got back to my car window and said that they could put me to jail right now and that they cannot find anything on me in their computer. My last attempt was "I can give you cell phone #'s of my supervisor and VP, if you would like". But he handed me my license and said that I should carry passport and H1B with me at all times.
I agree with some of you who say it's dumb, up to now I still don't carry passport and originals of H1B. I am just afraid to loose it.
This thread however makes me rethink it, I might just throw passport in the car and take with me whenever I far from car.
I only had drivers license. They didn't believe anything I said and they told me that. At which point I told him "Sir, do what you have to do," because conversation sounded more like interrogation.
Anyway bottom line they got back to my car window and said that they could put me to jail right now and that they cannot find anything on me in their computer. My last attempt was "I can give you cell phone #'s of my supervisor and VP, if you would like". But he handed me my license and said that I should carry passport and H1B with me at all times.
I agree with some of you who say it's dumb, up to now I still don't carry passport and originals of H1B. I am just afraid to loose it.
This thread however makes me rethink it, I might just throw passport in the car and take with me whenever I far from car.
more...
pictures hot Free Cherry Blossom

file485
01-30 01:19 PM
again from H1 to H4 ..if u dont find a job will be another major horror story if u want to change your status from H1 to H4 as you have 2 show atleast 2 paystubs to show u maintained your H1...or go back home and get a H4 stamping...
all is a horror story..either u take a H1 and only look forward..even if u want to change your H1 to another company u need paystubs... so living in the USA is no joke,bottomline..
all is a horror story..either u take a H1 and only look forward..even if u want to change your H1 to another company u need paystubs... so living in the USA is no joke,bottomline..
dresses cherry blossom wallpaper
mbawa2574
10-20 07:21 PM
You all have to look at this strategically. We all know at this stage of the election that Obama will likely win. We also know that congress is currently controlled by Democrats. If we have both congress and white house being controlled by democrats, then it is likely that we will have more things accomplished than if we have one party holding to one and another party holding to the other.
Forget the election rhetoric, Obama is not against legal immigrants (neither is McCain). At this stage, we have to look at the big picture which I just highlighted. What we should be working for right now (well I know we are not partisan) is for more democrats to win seats at the congressional and senate level so that bills that are pushed forward we have a better chance of passing and hopefully the ones that favor us and eliminate this backlog too.
So please you all should support Rick Norriega for TX senate (and all Democrat senatorial and congressional candidates) You can check out his immigration plan here http://www.ricknoriega.com/assets/img/immigration_plan.pdf
What say you??
Though I find a better friend in John McCain for our cause. Still I agree with you that It will be good if the same party controls the congress and has president.
Bills will have better chance of passing that way and our issues may get addressed. On Obama- He is in bed with Durban on employment based immigration. I have no hopes from him. Illegals will get green cards before us if Obama comes to power as it serves his redistribution of wealth formula and will be priority for him.
I will be really amazed if he does something for us.
McCain is friendly to legal immigrants, is for last low taxes and pro-business.
So careless what a blue collar guy loaded with debt thinks about Mccain, do what is good for you and the country you live in.
Forget the election rhetoric, Obama is not against legal immigrants (neither is McCain). At this stage, we have to look at the big picture which I just highlighted. What we should be working for right now (well I know we are not partisan) is for more democrats to win seats at the congressional and senate level so that bills that are pushed forward we have a better chance of passing and hopefully the ones that favor us and eliminate this backlog too.
So please you all should support Rick Norriega for TX senate (and all Democrat senatorial and congressional candidates) You can check out his immigration plan here http://www.ricknoriega.com/assets/img/immigration_plan.pdf
What say you??
Though I find a better friend in John McCain for our cause. Still I agree with you that It will be good if the same party controls the congress and has president.
Bills will have better chance of passing that way and our issues may get addressed. On Obama- He is in bed with Durban on employment based immigration. I have no hopes from him. Illegals will get green cards before us if Obama comes to power as it serves his redistribution of wealth formula and will be priority for him.
I will be really amazed if he does something for us.
McCain is friendly to legal immigrants, is for last low taxes and pro-business.
So careless what a blue collar guy loaded with debt thinks about Mccain, do what is good for you and the country you live in.
more...
makeup Free Cherry Blossom Wallpapers
BharatPremi
10-25 11:38 AM
My PD: 07/2*/2003 EB3:INDIA:RIR
girlfriend cherry blossom wallpaper.
sandy_anand
11-11 09:24 AM
I'd like to point out that Obama is the President-elect. He doesn't become the president until Jan 20 when he takes the oath. Right now the situation is exactly like it was before the election.
hairstyles Anime Wallpaper
ca_immigrant
07-13 11:18 AM
This is simply the explanation as to why will EB2 India get a huge number and not so much for EB2 China (so when year end statistics come out, there would not be too much noise about why EB2 India got several thousands of visa numbers more than any other category).
Indication that EB2 India will get huge numbers...this is just explanation as to why:)
be ready next month my friend.
-:)
Indication that EB2 India will get huge numbers...this is just explanation as to why:)
be ready next month my friend.
-:)
kaisersose
03-18 03:36 PM
At a minimum, EB3 ROW will advance sginficantly which is good for all those who were stuck in BEC.
It is believed country cap does not exist during the final quarter. If that is true, then some India EB2 (2004 and earlier) may also benefit.
It is believed country cap does not exist during the final quarter. If that is true, then some India EB2 (2004 and earlier) may also benefit.
gcdreamer05
01-09 12:38 PM
Thats a new trend. They go to colleges and meet a group of Indian students who are about to graduate and take them out of drinks and dinner and give a presentation about their company. Then when these students come into OPT status, they are all given food + guest house accomodation. Then they are put under intense training for 2 to 3 months and made to do some mockup projects. Then their resumes are massaged with 4 to 5 years of experience ie experience from date they graduated in the under graduation and their MS education is stripped off on their resumes.
This seems to be a trend, though the practice seems not too good. As most immigrant students are hard working and determined, they put additional hours and make up for experience and perform well at clients. They get a decent 65K to start with from the consulting company and their h1bs are filed well before the cap ends.
Can you please share with me PM some of these companies as I am lookin for a h1b sponsorer for someone i know who has done masters here.... and is fresher... not that he wants to put fake.... he is ready to get a entry level salary and state that he graduated out of school and is a fresher..... just that he wants someone to do his h1b...
This seems to be a trend, though the practice seems not too good. As most immigrant students are hard working and determined, they put additional hours and make up for experience and perform well at clients. They get a decent 65K to start with from the consulting company and their h1bs are filed well before the cap ends.
Can you please share with me PM some of these companies as I am lookin for a h1b sponsorer for someone i know who has done masters here.... and is fresher... not that he wants to put fake.... he is ready to get a entry level salary and state that he graduated out of school and is a fresher..... just that he wants someone to do his h1b...

No comments:
Post a Comment