trump_gc
12-28 03:16 PM
Please excuse my ignorance,,but what is 529
wallpaper Kim Kardashian#39;s Brother Rob
uma001
10-01 10:04 AM
Although they promise a lot of things on paper, we generally skip reading the fine print. Fine print generally would include this clause (language will be a bit different)...
Same thing in company's point of view, if they invest in endless lawyer fees, filing fees, humongous paperwork and easily these days GC process take 5-35 years and during/after this time, What is the guarantee that you will still stick with the company - after all this investment of time & money? Companies need visible & predictable ROIs.
It is the age of cost cutting. If you don't like it, just quit it & start a company on your own and show them how to run it by sponsoring GCs left & right.
f your skills are in high demand, they will make you the king. If supply is high for your skills, they will go for someone cheaper..
Green card processing costs only $12000 max..Its not a big deal for such big companies.They just dont want to do the favor.
getting green card itself takes min 10 years. so you r going to stick on to this company until that time. is that not a gaurantee. working for 10 years with same company.
you know y consulting companies file green card immediately. they do that becos the employee will stay with the company for a while.American companies do not realize this.
one of my friend came back to compny as a consultant. now they are paying two times more than what they were oaying him as full time employee. is that not an expense to the company...why they r paying him that much now , instead they should have filed his green card.
Same thing in company's point of view, if they invest in endless lawyer fees, filing fees, humongous paperwork and easily these days GC process take 5-35 years and during/after this time, What is the guarantee that you will still stick with the company - after all this investment of time & money? Companies need visible & predictable ROIs.
It is the age of cost cutting. If you don't like it, just quit it & start a company on your own and show them how to run it by sponsoring GCs left & right.
f your skills are in high demand, they will make you the king. If supply is high for your skills, they will go for someone cheaper..
Green card processing costs only $12000 max..Its not a big deal for such big companies.They just dont want to do the favor.
getting green card itself takes min 10 years. so you r going to stick on to this company until that time. is that not a gaurantee. working for 10 years with same company.
you know y consulting companies file green card immediately. they do that becos the employee will stay with the company for a while.American companies do not realize this.
one of my friend came back to compny as a consultant. now they are paying two times more than what they were oaying him as full time employee. is that not an expense to the company...why they r paying him that much now , instead they should have filed his green card.
forever_waiting
02-11 05:17 PM
Just a friendly thought from a co-member, If you are motivated to attend the advocacy event, why dont you consider sponsoring your travel? We should try to keep the donated miles/hotel points for on-the-edge members who we will have to try convince at the last moment when we closer to April.
Motivated members who believe in this event should come forward and sponsor themselves and consider it as a contribution to the event. We are not doing anyone else a favor by travelling to DC - this is for our own good.
-Attending the advocacy day.
I will attend the event. I want someone to sponsor my airfare and stay.
Motivated members who believe in this event should come forward and sponsor themselves and consider it as a contribution to the event. We are not doing anyone else a favor by travelling to DC - this is for our own good.
-Attending the advocacy day.
I will attend the event. I want someone to sponsor my airfare and stay.
2011 Kim Kardashian#39;s wedding

indianabacklog
04-07 09:53 AM
From a logical perspective how many people arrive on flights which just happen to arrive during regular business hours so employers can be contacted?? Even if you do arrive in the middle of the day the chances are the phone would not be manned at that precise moment the POE officer chooses to call.
If there would be any doubt the POE officer would pass the individual onto secondary inspection for them to take care of things.
Another observation, why are H1B holders in line in front of green card holders. Did the green card holders just happen to want to join the long line or did the visa holder decide they could go in the short line at immigration?
Just some thoughts after reading these sort of posts.
Another one, how on earth does an employer know that there is a US citizen that could do the job spontaneously when the POE officer just happened to call them???
Until I see a real story that can be verified I doubt what I am reading is true.
If there would be any doubt the POE officer would pass the individual onto secondary inspection for them to take care of things.
Another observation, why are H1B holders in line in front of green card holders. Did the green card holders just happen to want to join the long line or did the visa holder decide they could go in the short line at immigration?
Just some thoughts after reading these sort of posts.
Another one, how on earth does an employer know that there is a US citizen that could do the job spontaneously when the POE officer just happened to call them???
Until I see a real story that can be verified I doubt what I am reading is true.
more...
vaishnavilakshmi
06-18 09:53 PM
hi,
Usually they ask for only copies of all the docs and not the originals.And they may ask to show the original copies of the birth,marriage etc,wedding pics,family pics etc at the time of interviews.
Hope this helps u,
vaishu
Usually they ask for only copies of all the docs and not the originals.And they may ask to show the original copies of the birth,marriage etc,wedding pics,family pics etc at the time of interviews.
Hope this helps u,
vaishu
kondur_007
04-10 03:44 PM
Thanks Kondur. That was a very good presentation of the numbers. I very much appreciate it.
Now,
1. Why did EB1 last year needed spillover visas, although it was current all the time? If a category is current, isn't that it has less demand than allocated numbers?
2. As per May bulletin, EB4 might need a cut off. So we cannot expect any spillover from EB4. So that is clear. Now the spillover chances are from EB5, EB2 ROW and EB1(?). I am including EB1 because, given the current economy over the past year, should there be a better possibility of more spillover from EB2 ROW and EB1 compared to last year?
3. Also why are the total EB numbers different in different fiscal years (e.g., 141020 in FY2009, 162949 in FY 2008 and 154497 in FY2007)? In FYs 2007 and 2008 did the extra visas come from Family based while it did not for FY 2009? If so, why is it so?
4. Based on Pending 485 data of March 2010, I barely see few hundred EB4s. And hardly considerable number of EB1s. What's going on? If we go by this data, we should be getting good chunk of spillover numbers...
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Green%20Card/Green%20Card%20Through%20a%20Job/Employment%20Based%20I-485%20Pending%20Inventory-Total%203-8-2010.pdf
Thanks,
Here is what I think; possible answers/comments. I am not an expert but am thinking following:
1. Any category being "current" is based on "DOS's guesstimate" based on demand numbers they receive and so it is never "perfect". So yes, you are true that technically EB1 should be retrogressed "slightly", but considering the small number of spillover (now called fall down numbers) it used, it may not have been able to be predicted prior to the end of fiscal year.
2. That is the biggest hope and assumption that there will be more fall down from EB5 and EB1 due to "economy". Caveat is, more and more people are trying to switch to "current" categories and so actual usage may not be commensurate with "economy". We have never been given any "usage data". So everything is a pure guess on this front. Looking at data, I honestly do not see any difference in number of EB1 cases from 2008-2009-2010.
3. Yes, it is due to "spillover" from Family based category. (This is where DOS is using the word "spillover" and any visa number that go from one EB to another EB category, they all it "fall across" and "fall down"). These numbers used to be higher before and now lower as they are more efficient in using as many numbers as possible for a particular category.
4. Pending 485 data is extremely deceptive for "current" categories. Look at the approval timeframe of EB2 ROW or EB1 cases; majority of them are approved before ever counted as "pending". Remember. "pending cases" DO NOT reflect "usage".
The main thing missing in all these is the "USAGE", this should be a very easy information that can be made available by DOS, but they have not. If I had one "wish" to get one piece of info; would be this: "number of visa used in each category every month and YTD". Without that info, no prediction of spillover/fall down-across is ever possible.
Now,
1. Why did EB1 last year needed spillover visas, although it was current all the time? If a category is current, isn't that it has less demand than allocated numbers?
2. As per May bulletin, EB4 might need a cut off. So we cannot expect any spillover from EB4. So that is clear. Now the spillover chances are from EB5, EB2 ROW and EB1(?). I am including EB1 because, given the current economy over the past year, should there be a better possibility of more spillover from EB2 ROW and EB1 compared to last year?
3. Also why are the total EB numbers different in different fiscal years (e.g., 141020 in FY2009, 162949 in FY 2008 and 154497 in FY2007)? In FYs 2007 and 2008 did the extra visas come from Family based while it did not for FY 2009? If so, why is it so?
4. Based on Pending 485 data of March 2010, I barely see few hundred EB4s. And hardly considerable number of EB1s. What's going on? If we go by this data, we should be getting good chunk of spillover numbers...
http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Green%20Card/Green%20Card%20Through%20a%20Job/Employment%20Based%20I-485%20Pending%20Inventory-Total%203-8-2010.pdf
Thanks,
Here is what I think; possible answers/comments. I am not an expert but am thinking following:
1. Any category being "current" is based on "DOS's guesstimate" based on demand numbers they receive and so it is never "perfect". So yes, you are true that technically EB1 should be retrogressed "slightly", but considering the small number of spillover (now called fall down numbers) it used, it may not have been able to be predicted prior to the end of fiscal year.
2. That is the biggest hope and assumption that there will be more fall down from EB5 and EB1 due to "economy". Caveat is, more and more people are trying to switch to "current" categories and so actual usage may not be commensurate with "economy". We have never been given any "usage data". So everything is a pure guess on this front. Looking at data, I honestly do not see any difference in number of EB1 cases from 2008-2009-2010.
3. Yes, it is due to "spillover" from Family based category. (This is where DOS is using the word "spillover" and any visa number that go from one EB to another EB category, they all it "fall across" and "fall down"). These numbers used to be higher before and now lower as they are more efficient in using as many numbers as possible for a particular category.
4. Pending 485 data is extremely deceptive for "current" categories. Look at the approval timeframe of EB2 ROW or EB1 cases; majority of them are approved before ever counted as "pending". Remember. "pending cases" DO NOT reflect "usage".
The main thing missing in all these is the "USAGE", this should be a very easy information that can be made available by DOS, but they have not. If I had one "wish" to get one piece of info; would be this: "number of visa used in each category every month and YTD". Without that info, no prediction of spillover/fall down-across is ever possible.
more...
pappu
04-06 07:39 PM
Sure I will give the link..
I know its not fake..because I have 3 people on our floor who came from a visit..who saw these kind of things happening right in front of them (and my friends were GCs so I guess they themselves were left alone).
Now coming to point of posting their experiences themselves..especially in a situation where they were not allowed to enter US, I dont think they have any incentive left to post and seek help from fellow IV..once they are out they are out..
Nothing can bring them back unless they file a new petition and go for stamping..
I can imagine how much pain they might be going through, touchwood if I was to be one ofthem, I dont see myself posting my experience for 3 months or so..
its a different case where someone is inside US and they face a problem, yeah..why not they post straight away, but this is a different territory..we can only expect them to post, its not going to happen or may be rare case.
If we come across a few cases we can explore options. Is there an appeal process? This can be in media and can help future cases. With few case examples, a legal opinion can also be sought if this is legal at POE.
In the absence of real cases, there is no way any action can be taken and it will stay as a forum rumor.
I know its not fake..because I have 3 people on our floor who came from a visit..who saw these kind of things happening right in front of them (and my friends were GCs so I guess they themselves were left alone).
Now coming to point of posting their experiences themselves..especially in a situation where they were not allowed to enter US, I dont think they have any incentive left to post and seek help from fellow IV..once they are out they are out..
Nothing can bring them back unless they file a new petition and go for stamping..
I can imagine how much pain they might be going through, touchwood if I was to be one ofthem, I dont see myself posting my experience for 3 months or so..
its a different case where someone is inside US and they face a problem, yeah..why not they post straight away, but this is a different territory..we can only expect them to post, its not going to happen or may be rare case.
If we come across a few cases we can explore options. Is there an appeal process? This can be in media and can help future cases. With few case examples, a legal opinion can also be sought if this is legal at POE.
In the absence of real cases, there is no way any action can be taken and it will stay as a forum rumor.
2010 and Kim Kardashian. Khloe
dilbert_cal
03-20 02:36 AM
Moral of this thread :-
All Desi Consulting companies are Fraud
which in turn implies
All Desis are Fraud. <---- Nope , Will Not say that because it includes Me :-)
alright, let me try again
All Consulting companies are Fraud <--- But hey there are so many which are not Fraud
Hmmmm, Confused. Alright, Did I hear there are exceptions. No, my dear. We got it the wrong way here. Fact is
Some Consulting Companies Do Subvert the Law and/or take Advantage of folks on H1. *
One or more of them are owned by Indians. ( commonly called desi by Indians )
One or more of them are not owned by Indians.
Where does the More End ? A small percentage, a big chunk, average ??? There is no study which has been done on the same. We all see it in the perception we hold. And when it comes to negativity, we tend to exaggerate. ( Or maybe we dont and I've a wrong perception )
* Non-consulting companies also do take advantage of H1b folks if possible - dont think I've to give examples of the same.
I dont work for a desi company. But I've quite a few friends who work for Desi firms - most of them are happy and have been treated nice and fair. A small number had issues. This is my experience. Certainly not something which makes me identify with the rest of the sentiments.
As per Logiclife, unpaid period on bench is a certainty. No my dear. Thats an exaggeration.
How many of us..................
Well, I thought of writing more but who am I telling this to and why ?
Rants over - time to get back to my life. I've got something else to finish which I know will bring me more flames but possibly help this organization too and that matters more. Flame me as much as you want to for being the odd man out in the thread ( there are others too - not that I'm the only one ) but possibly I wont even come back to this thread to read the flames :-)
All Desi Consulting companies are Fraud
which in turn implies
All Desis are Fraud. <---- Nope , Will Not say that because it includes Me :-)
alright, let me try again
All Consulting companies are Fraud <--- But hey there are so many which are not Fraud
Hmmmm, Confused. Alright, Did I hear there are exceptions. No, my dear. We got it the wrong way here. Fact is
Some Consulting Companies Do Subvert the Law and/or take Advantage of folks on H1. *
One or more of them are owned by Indians. ( commonly called desi by Indians )
One or more of them are not owned by Indians.
Where does the More End ? A small percentage, a big chunk, average ??? There is no study which has been done on the same. We all see it in the perception we hold. And when it comes to negativity, we tend to exaggerate. ( Or maybe we dont and I've a wrong perception )
* Non-consulting companies also do take advantage of H1b folks if possible - dont think I've to give examples of the same.
I dont work for a desi company. But I've quite a few friends who work for Desi firms - most of them are happy and have been treated nice and fair. A small number had issues. This is my experience. Certainly not something which makes me identify with the rest of the sentiments.
As per Logiclife, unpaid period on bench is a certainty. No my dear. Thats an exaggeration.
How many of us..................
Well, I thought of writing more but who am I telling this to and why ?
Rants over - time to get back to my life. I've got something else to finish which I know will bring me more flames but possibly help this organization too and that matters more. Flame me as much as you want to for being the odd man out in the thread ( there are others too - not that I'm the only one ) but possibly I wont even come back to this thread to read the flames :-)
more...
alias
09-10 01:20 PM
Most of you either have a firewall or a proxy server to go out to the internet at your work locations, which allows for only TCP port 80. So if you are unsuccessful in getting the real player to work, try this:
when real player opens do the following:
click on tools->preferences->network transport->
then check the "manually configure connection settings"
click on RTSP settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Next
click on PNA settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Enjoy!!
when real player opens do the following:
click on tools->preferences->network transport->
then check the "manually configure connection settings"
click on RTSP settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Next
click on PNA settings and uncheck everything except "Attempt to use HTTP for all contents" click OK.
Enjoy!!
hair kim kardashian wedding 2011. vivienne westwood wedding
dakajo
12-21 10:07 PM
You should've thought about this that whole year that you were goofin' off! Why are you bringing this up at this late juncture, anyway? Your PD is Dec, 2004. What makes you your petition will trigger an RFE for not working during 2001? You raise a very perplexing and contradicting query...
more...
EB2IndianGC
09-23 01:57 PM
Thanks Abd. That was really quick. Our mail was received on Tuesday morning, and I have not seen any change as review yet. I will keep my fingers crossed for some quick action.
hot kim kardashian wedding 2011. Kim Kardashian Changing Name
psaxena
05-26 05:09 PM
I have seen the similar stop points in San Diego also and also while travelling to CA from AZ I was stopped at the border and then the office looked inside the car and said and thank you and let us go. I normally drive CA on the long weekends most of the time and everytime the same thing happens.
Well good to know this, as I never carried my documents ever with me.
Well good to know this, as I never carried my documents ever with me.
more...
house kim kardashian pregnant 2011.
nitlsu
06-12 08:45 AM
Done for me and spouse. We also had ~20 other people in my neighborhood including citizens/GC send this.
tattoo kim kardashian wedding

intheyan
06-29 05:39 PM
Hi Am100 and Ramee,
Congrads to you both and also really happy to see 2004 aprrovals.:)
Congrads to you both and also really happy to see 2004 aprrovals.:)
more...
pictures Kim Kardashian: Inside her
prioritydate
12-20 07:09 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Logiclife. I enter U.S in the first week of Feb, 2001. The economy was bad and I didn't manage to get a job. In fact, I didn't managed to get a job for a year. My then employer didn't revoked my H1B and the I-94 was valid until Oct, 2002. I didn't know that I was out of status till now. I don't remember seeing any section in I-485 form, asking for information about out of status. I did attach my previous H1-B approval notice(2000 -2002) while filing I-485. One thing I want to know is, did anyone got a query(RFE), asking to provide all W2 forms since their entry into this country? I am interested to know that.
Now I am really afraid. G-325 form has section to provide last 5 jobs. Since I had a gap, I didn't provide the details for the year 2001. I am royally screwed now! :(
Now I am really afraid. G-325 form has section to provide last 5 jobs. Since I had a gap, I didn't provide the details for the year 2001. I am royally screwed now! :(
dresses Kim reportedly revealed to

jackrabbit
07-17 11:01 AM
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
Does anyone know if we can sue them. I am sure that they are a registered organization.
Does anyone know if we can sue them. I am sure that they are a registered organization.
more...
makeup kim kardashian wedding 2011.
babu123
07-13 01:36 PM
What Murthy did is right job. We should not blame her as she did it lately.
I am not her client.
There are so many lawyers in US, But none of them wrote letter to USCIS.
This is not the time to blame her. This is the time to unite with her and do protest. Remember she is asking on our behalf.
I am not her client.
There are so many lawyers in US, But none of them wrote letter to USCIS.
This is not the time to blame her. This is the time to unite with her and do protest. Remember she is asking on our behalf.
girlfriend kim kardashian wedding 2011.
gcpain
06-25 11:07 AM
I was working with employer -A till 2006 and got I140 approved (June 2003 priority date) in EB3. In November 2006 I joined employer B as it is good for my carrier. I talk to employer A (body shopper) and he is ready to support for my green card as I worked for him for six long years and still he did not cancel my old H1B. My main aim here is to apply I485 as soon as I can.
1. I have two options here my old employer (A) is body-shopper. So he will agree for both future or current employment. I have very good permanent job and bright future prospects with new employer (B). In this case what you guys advice me? Apply I485 as future employment or quit present job and join old employer (A) and apply I485 as current employment?
2. If I do not join old employer (with whom I have I140 approved) now, in this case what are my options for I485 applying? (Only future employment I485/ I can file current employment I485 and not drawing any salary from old employer )
3. Will I485 as future employment has any problems?
4. Can I use AC21 after 180 days on my I485 future employment application?
5. My new employer (B) already applied PERM LC for my GC in EB2 three months back and did not here anything from Atlanta DOL till now. What you guys advice me? Is it worthful to wait for this new EB2 LC or apply I485 as future employment with approved I140-EB3 with priority date June 2003.
I am in really dilemma and unable to decide. Appreciate your advice in this matter. Thanks in advance to all your replies and wish you best of luck.
1. I have two options here my old employer (A) is body-shopper. So he will agree for both future or current employment. I have very good permanent job and bright future prospects with new employer (B). In this case what you guys advice me? Apply I485 as future employment or quit present job and join old employer (A) and apply I485 as current employment?
2. If I do not join old employer (with whom I have I140 approved) now, in this case what are my options for I485 applying? (Only future employment I485/ I can file current employment I485 and not drawing any salary from old employer )
3. Will I485 as future employment has any problems?
4. Can I use AC21 after 180 days on my I485 future employment application?
5. My new employer (B) already applied PERM LC for my GC in EB2 three months back and did not here anything from Atlanta DOL till now. What you guys advice me? Is it worthful to wait for this new EB2 LC or apply I485 as future employment with approved I140-EB3 with priority date June 2003.
I am in really dilemma and unable to decide. Appreciate your advice in this matter. Thanks in advance to all your replies and wish you best of luck.
hairstyles Kim Kardashian Hypes
conundrum
10-31 05:59 PM
Received letter from USCIS regarding the FOIA.
NRC2008063282
The request has been placed in the complex track!
NRC2008063282
The request has been placed in the complex track!
cygent
03-21 04:35 PM
Hello all,
How do you determine if the category filed is EB2 or EB3? How can you find that out from which document?
Thanks!
How do you determine if the category filed is EB2 or EB3? How can you find that out from which document?
Thanks!
pbuckeye
09-01 09:07 AM
Plus it is not a "** State University" but a "University of **" which means it should have better profs.
By your logic "University of Ohio" would have better profs than "Ohio State University"?
What you want to see is whether a particular school is the flagship university of that state or not.
You could also just see the school ranking.
Just my 2 cents.
By your logic "University of Ohio" would have better profs than "Ohio State University"?
What you want to see is whether a particular school is the flagship university of that state or not.
You could also just see the school ranking.
Just my 2 cents.

No comments:
Post a Comment