greyhair
06-10 09:14 PM
There are always two sides of coin and so is the half glass full, a half glass empty.
Bottomline is if such bills turn into bill, its not just immigrant community but the economy as whole gets impacted.
Bhattji
Clearly the guys who proposed this bill do not think that it will have negative impact on the economy. To the contrary, these guys seem to think that it will free up jobs for Americans, currently occupied by the undeserving immigrants.
The intensity of these amendments are increasing. Earlier it was on Tarp companies. Now this amendment is for all companies that have laid off workers. I interpret the language to include "work authorization" which means EAD. Even if it doesn't include EAD, say this amendment will pass, then what is next? In next phase they will come after EAD, won't they?
Bottomline is if such bills turn into bill, its not just immigrant community but the economy as whole gets impacted.
Bhattji
Clearly the guys who proposed this bill do not think that it will have negative impact on the economy. To the contrary, these guys seem to think that it will free up jobs for Americans, currently occupied by the undeserving immigrants.
The intensity of these amendments are increasing. Earlier it was on Tarp companies. Now this amendment is for all companies that have laid off workers. I interpret the language to include "work authorization" which means EAD. Even if it doesn't include EAD, say this amendment will pass, then what is next? In next phase they will come after EAD, won't they?
wallpaper Tribal Armband Tattoos
perm2gc
01-11 03:12 PM
http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=691603441&f=902603441&m=53410452831&r=53410452831#53410452831
http://www.visaportal.com/forums/topic.asp?forum=18&topic=191
http://www.visaportal.com/forums/topic.asp?forum=18&topic=191
bestia
08-15 04:11 PM
DOS/USCIS learned to do copy and paste :) "01JAN07"
And more serious.. it means that not all visas "were made available". So there are still unused visas. Good news for some BEC folks thought.
And more serious.. it means that not all visas "were made available". So there are still unused visas. Good news for some BEC folks thought.
2011 arm and tattoo designs tribal
logiclife
01-30 03:56 PM
I believe it is also illegal to work before getting a social security number. When you are on H4 you dont have a social security number (you have an itin which is not good enough for working). You will not get a social security number unless you have work authorization (i797). H1 will start only after october 1, so you can apply for social security number only after October 1 (i.e if you have i 797), it will take you about 4 to 7 weeks to get ssn. You can work only after getting the ssn. Somebody correct me if i wrong here.
Well, yes, that too. Since they have no hesitation to ask employees to start working without waiting for 797, the absence of a pesky little SSN is not really going to stop them. If you run payroll, you need SSN. If you pay otherwise, (cash, expense checks, money order) you dont need SSN.
Well, yes, that too. Since they have no hesitation to ask employees to start working without waiting for 797, the absence of a pesky little SSN is not really going to stop them. If you run payroll, you need SSN. If you pay otherwise, (cash, expense checks, money order) you dont need SSN.
more...
bank_king2003
02-08 02:27 PM
All,
Disclaimer: I am not a ron's associate and he is not even my lawyer. just want to bring this under everyone's observations.
there is a very nice article on ron's site about how USCIS still waste visas. this is a real slavery where due to USCIS inefficiency - hard earning people like us suffer alot and the agony is that noone is there to even listen and stop USCIS from this practice. for details
go to:
Discussion thread for ImmInfo Blog article: DOS explanation of visa controls (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/general-immigration-questions/9732-discussion-thread-for-imminfo-blog-article-dos-explanation-of-visa-controls.html)
some fine prints from the above discussion wanted to share:
Consider the fact that USCIS purport to have preapproved about 150,000 cases. All of those cases were reported to VO as ready for closure. VO's system automatically generates specific visa numbers for specific cases. If the CIS doesn't use them, they expire and are wasted. Based on the numbers provided so far, it appears that the CIS failed to close out enough EB3 cases and about 3,000 to 5,000 numbers were wasted.
If the CIS does not act on the assignment of individual visa numbers to pre-approved cases, then those numbers are wasted. That appears to be what happened last fiscal year.
by law "unused" visa numbers fall across within a fiscal quarter. So, for example, all of the unused Worldwide EB2 numbers for the first fiscal quarter (Oct - Dec) "fell across" and became available to applicants chargeable to single state limited countries - in this case China and India. If for any reason there were no unused visas in a particular quarter, then there would be no fall across for that quarter. They do not save them up and issue them at the end of the fiscal year.
Disclaimer: I am not a ron's associate and he is not even my lawyer. just want to bring this under everyone's observations.
there is a very nice article on ron's site about how USCIS still waste visas. this is a real slavery where due to USCIS inefficiency - hard earning people like us suffer alot and the agony is that noone is there to even listen and stop USCIS from this practice. for details
go to:
Discussion thread for ImmInfo Blog article: DOS explanation of visa controls (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/general-immigration-questions/9732-discussion-thread-for-imminfo-blog-article-dos-explanation-of-visa-controls.html)
some fine prints from the above discussion wanted to share:
Consider the fact that USCIS purport to have preapproved about 150,000 cases. All of those cases were reported to VO as ready for closure. VO's system automatically generates specific visa numbers for specific cases. If the CIS doesn't use them, they expire and are wasted. Based on the numbers provided so far, it appears that the CIS failed to close out enough EB3 cases and about 3,000 to 5,000 numbers were wasted.
If the CIS does not act on the assignment of individual visa numbers to pre-approved cases, then those numbers are wasted. That appears to be what happened last fiscal year.
by law "unused" visa numbers fall across within a fiscal quarter. So, for example, all of the unused Worldwide EB2 numbers for the first fiscal quarter (Oct - Dec) "fell across" and became available to applicants chargeable to single state limited countries - in this case China and India. If for any reason there were no unused visas in a particular quarter, then there would be no fall across for that quarter. They do not save them up and issue them at the end of the fiscal year.
Slumdog
01-17 03:07 PM
Xyzgc, Relax out there. You are taking it very personal. For you this may be bulshitting but in tough economic times
Like this my story might be a reality for lot of people or could very well face in coming days & months. I put out my experience out there so people will read & be cautious & use their good judgement. I am happy for you that you were able to make all right decisions in your life. Let others read & decide what is best for them.
Like this my story might be a reality for lot of people or could very well face in coming days & months. I put out my experience out there so people will read & be cautious & use their good judgement. I am happy for you that you were able to make all right decisions in your life. Let others read & decide what is best for them.
more...
chmur
03-17 05:35 PM
The way I read it is ...People with PD's earlier than 2004-05 have been their long enough to understnd the pain and hence are active in all these forums , participate in such polls etc.
Others are happy with their EAD's and know anyway it's going to be a while and are in hibernation ...cannot blame them ...this GC following can get stressfull ....ignorance is bliss....suddenly the laws might change or something like July 07 might happen again ....
I think only those who got stuck in the Labor backlog (This could be huge #) and few other unlucky ones like me are the ones who are still waiting in India-EB3 Catergory pre 2004.
I know a bunch of India-EB3 pre 2004 got approved in the gold rush of July 2007
Others are happy with their EAD's and know anyway it's going to be a while and are in hibernation ...cannot blame them ...this GC following can get stressfull ....ignorance is bliss....suddenly the laws might change or something like July 07 might happen again ....
I think only those who got stuck in the Labor backlog (This could be huge #) and few other unlucky ones like me are the ones who are still waiting in India-EB3 Catergory pre 2004.
I know a bunch of India-EB3 pre 2004 got approved in the gold rush of July 2007
2010 Celtic Tribal Band by
gvenkat
10-20 02:38 PM
Look, no one is saying that McCain is the savior, but at the same time, it is important for us to understand that Obama is not the light at the end of the tunnel, its the fast approaching train towards us. So, some of us are just pointing to others that be prepared for the train wreck. That does not necessarily translate into saying that McCain is the savior. It just means what it means.
And you are right, none of us can vote. But if this community supports Obama, its like 300 million Americans voting for the President who works against the interest of majority of Americans. Won't we also be guided by the "misguided" ideology and rhetoric if we act in the same manner.
The irony of the situation is, we are caught between the rock and the hard place. Some of us are saying its better to stay on rocks, others are preaching that its better to be caught in the hard place. That's all.
.
go read my post again. what we need is change. mccain wont do that. he will go to war with iran and our problems will be in the backburner, atleast even if obama is not supportive as much as mccain is we dont need to frigging wait this long... we will either get it or not get the GC. but beofre that we need our jobs and if mcain is there.. we might not have it for long...
And you are right, none of us can vote. But if this community supports Obama, its like 300 million Americans voting for the President who works against the interest of majority of Americans. Won't we also be guided by the "misguided" ideology and rhetoric if we act in the same manner.
The irony of the situation is, we are caught between the rock and the hard place. Some of us are saying its better to stay on rocks, others are preaching that its better to be caught in the hard place. That's all.
.
go read my post again. what we need is change. mccain wont do that. he will go to war with iran and our problems will be in the backburner, atleast even if obama is not supportive as much as mccain is we dont need to frigging wait this long... we will either get it or not get the GC. but beofre that we need our jobs and if mcain is there.. we might not have it for long...
more...
123Wait
12-22 11:06 AM
Folks, I didn't worked for an year(2001) due to, you know what I am saying....
Now I am afraid that I would get an RFE because of that. Do you think that I need to worry about it? :(
Did you apply 140/485 to NSC or TSC? Did your lawyer know about this?
Now I am afraid that I would get an RFE because of that. Do you think that I need to worry about it? :(
Did you apply 140/485 to NSC or TSC? Did your lawyer know about this?
hair Tribal Tattoo Arm Band,

dish
12-13 10:44 AM
I sent a letter earlier this year to one of my Senators here in CA regarding my 2001 LC and the result i got was that the senators secretary checked my case with USICS and sent a letter stating that my green card was approved 2003.
For somebody who is still waiting for LC recruitment instructions this was a total waste of time and money ( donated $5000. to Senator).
Next week my attorney and i and his other LC DBEC clients are going to try and make an appointment with DOL and see if they will comply.
Number 1 point we shall pursue is to make a $5000.00 premium processing for all DBEC pending LC and have guranteed adjudication in 120 days for all LC with current PD.
This way all clients with current PD will obvouisly pay $5000.00 and DBEC can use the extra funds for remaining cases.
Can you please write in detail what happened with your LC and hou you recieved your green card in 2003. Your experience with DOL, and sentor will make a good story for IV.
For somebody who is still waiting for LC recruitment instructions this was a total waste of time and money ( donated $5000. to Senator).
Next week my attorney and i and his other LC DBEC clients are going to try and make an appointment with DOL and see if they will comply.
Number 1 point we shall pursue is to make a $5000.00 premium processing for all DBEC pending LC and have guranteed adjudication in 120 days for all LC with current PD.
This way all clients with current PD will obvouisly pay $5000.00 and DBEC can use the extra funds for remaining cases.
Can you please write in detail what happened with your LC and hou you recieved your green card in 2003. Your experience with DOL, and sentor will make a good story for IV.
more...
GCwaitforever
02-22 11:41 AM
EB-2 India went to unavailable because USCIS stamped 2003/2004 petitions left and right to consume VISA numbers. Then they realized there were bunch of 2001/2002 petitions gathering dust. After no VISA numbers left, they had no option but to move the priority date backwards to make very few petitions current.
I am betting that they will move the dates forward to 2003 in August or September and process few more EB-2 India petitions. For any forward movement to happen to India EB-2/EB-3, ROW EB-2/EB-3 must become current again. If not, we have to wait till October 2008 for new quota to become effective.
I am betting that they will move the dates forward to 2003 in August or September and process few more EB-2 India petitions. For any forward movement to happen to India EB-2/EB-3, ROW EB-2/EB-3 must become current again. If not, we have to wait till October 2008 for new quota to become effective.
hot tribal tattoo on face tribal
ZigZag
07-13 03:28 PM
See the attachment which I had come across in this forum and saved it
Hope this is helpful.
Hope this is helpful.
more...
house Tribal Armband Tattoos armband
pappu
06-14 08:50 AM
/\/\/\
tattoo and tattoo Manufacturers
justAnotherFile
07-24 05:57 PM
.. there should definitely be some policy interpretation at the discretion of the USCIS
1) The law does not explicitly state that the visa number availability is a pre-requisite for filing the application
2) If you are interpreting it based on the words ....
"an immigrant visa is immediately available to him at the time his application is filed"
Then according to 245(a)(2)....
"the alien is eligible to receive an immigrant visa and is admissible to the United States for permanent residence, and "
....concurrent filing of I-140/I-485 should also be illegal because at the time of filing I-140 there is no determination of whether the alien is eligible to recieve the EB visa. If so how can USCIS allow filing of I-485 at that time.
1) The law does not explicitly state that the visa number availability is a pre-requisite for filing the application
2) If you are interpreting it based on the words ....
"an immigrant visa is immediately available to him at the time his application is filed"
Then according to 245(a)(2)....
"the alien is eligible to receive an immigrant visa and is admissible to the United States for permanent residence, and "
....concurrent filing of I-140/I-485 should also be illegal because at the time of filing I-140 there is no determination of whether the alien is eligible to recieve the EB visa. If so how can USCIS allow filing of I-485 at that time.
more...
pictures hawaiian armband tattoos
tooclose
07-13 10:24 AM
It is not a contradiction to the previous statement.
Cut-off-date = 1 ==> PDs before 1st can file (i.e mar-01 cut-off date mean pds till apr-30 can file)
Cut-off-date = 8 ==> PDs before 8 can file (i.e pds 1 to 7 since they are in one bucket)
Cut-off-date = 15 ==> PDs before 15 can file (specifically pds in bucket 8-14 can file)
etc...
Hope it helps. As others predicted, I really think the numbers will not move back. You will get your GC soon.
yikes !!! so looks like I have to wait then... anyways I was happy for a few moments till I saw this message :)
Cut-off-date = 1 ==> PDs before 1st can file (i.e mar-01 cut-off date mean pds till apr-30 can file)
Cut-off-date = 8 ==> PDs before 8 can file (i.e pds 1 to 7 since they are in one bucket)
Cut-off-date = 15 ==> PDs before 15 can file (specifically pds in bucket 8-14 can file)
etc...
Hope it helps. As others predicted, I really think the numbers will not move back. You will get your GC soon.
yikes !!! so looks like I have to wait then... anyways I was happy for a few moments till I saw this message :)
dresses tattoo arm and

ars01
07-24 11:14 AM
I agree with jcmenon. We want to push for filing of Adjustment of Status or I-485 application to get EAD, Advance parole, etc. We are not asking to be given that status. The law says the status will only be given if the numbers are available. I think that is exactly what we are trying for in SKIL BILL as well. I think it is worth pursuing this option directly with USCIS.
more...
makeup icon tribal band
Slowhand
06-14 10:21 AM
Hi:
My wife came to US on L1. She got her H1 approved for this year and she resigned her L1 job. Now should we apply for H4 (dependent) since we have a few more months to go till her H1 kicks in or can she apply for an adjustment of status?
Anybody?
Thanks and regards,
Slowhand
My wife came to US on L1. She got her H1 approved for this year and she resigned her L1 job. Now should we apply for H4 (dependent) since we have a few more months to go till her H1 kicks in or can she apply for an adjustment of status?
Anybody?
Thanks and regards,
Slowhand
girlfriend Arm and tattoos in particular
gccube
03-17 01:18 PM
Current as per the April'08 bulletin
hairstyles Armband Tattoo RTI05

gumpena
08-15 08:16 PM
Atleast this shows that October Visa Bulletin will be better than predicted by some (look in immigration-law.com). Prediction was to start Oct-2007 where they left off in Jan-2007 now it looks they may start from Jun-2007 Bulletin dates.
gc28262
04-11 02:07 PM
And you inferred this from EB3 Mexico becoming Unavailable in month of May.
This was not inferred from Mexico EB3. I was explaining why EB3 Mexico became unavailable. Any category becoming U is nothing alarming. It just means there are no more visas available for that category for that year.
As for April 2001, it is the dreaded date for EB3-I India. The reason being all 245(i) applicants had a PD of April-2001 or earlier. If you haven't read 245(i) and its impact on EB3-I, please educate yourself regarding 245(i).
This was not inferred from Mexico EB3. I was explaining why EB3 Mexico became unavailable. Any category becoming U is nothing alarming. It just means there are no more visas available for that category for that year.
As for April 2001, it is the dreaded date for EB3-I India. The reason being all 245(i) applicants had a PD of April-2001 or earlier. If you haven't read 245(i) and its impact on EB3-I, please educate yourself regarding 245(i).
ivgclive
09-09 01:39 PM
Number of VISA numbers are same for EB2 I and EB3 I or not???
If in case same....why we not getting any approvals for EB3 compare to EB2?
I can understand why EB3 in 2001 and EB2 in 2006..
but my question is .... why Eb3 is not moving when EB2 is moving?
=====
Note: I'm not saying anything against EB2 people....I'm just comparing.
=====
Numbers are NOT same for EB2 and EB3.
EB2 gets double or even more from the "unused" from EB1, which a LOT.
So it moves fast.
If in case same....why we not getting any approvals for EB3 compare to EB2?
I can understand why EB3 in 2001 and EB2 in 2006..
but my question is .... why Eb3 is not moving when EB2 is moving?
=====
Note: I'm not saying anything against EB2 people....I'm just comparing.
=====
Numbers are NOT same for EB2 and EB3.
EB2 gets double or even more from the "unused" from EB1, which a LOT.
So it moves fast.

No comments:
Post a Comment